The entrepreneur and his wife bought the laundry from the previous owners a few years ago and have since expanded the company. For example, the laundry of private customers and companies (eg tablecloths and bed linen), carpet and leather cleaning and a change and pick-up service are now included in the offer. Accordingly, the volume of the cleaned things multiplied. With the increasing number of employees with severe disabilities, they founded an inclusion company. Today, the company employs approximately 30 people, 13 of whom have a severe disability.
Employer's comment on inclusion:
"At the beginning, we did not think about employing people with disabilities and founding an integration company, but that has developed over the years, especially with the overwhelmingly good experience we have had over time Nor is it difficult to find motivated people, because the daily routine in the laundry is characterized by speed and repetitive activities - and not very good pay in the industry - today older women, people with a migrant background and people with disabilities work together For us, it would be very important for our employees to work reliably and accurately - and we actually see that every day had to split up a severely disabled colleague t and the problems piled up. We tried everything to help, but support from the integration specialist service did not improve the situation. That was a shame - but for the company, the team and also for the affected person the separation was better. "
Disability and functional limitations of the employees:
Employees with a learning disability, disability or sensory impairment work in the company. These include, for example, a staff member with deafness and one with short stature.
Due to disability acoustic information, such. As speech and signals, not perceived, loads handled only conditionally manual, objects are reached or used in the restricted gripping space or the contents for exams (driving license) are not learned.
At the beginning, all new employees initially work on a trial basis for two to three months. At the same time, the company and the integration service support it during training and difficulties. If the probationary period has been successfully passed, you will initially be employed for one year and then for an indefinite period. So that you can carry out your activities, the following design and organizational measures were used:
- The machine on which the employee operates with deafness has a display for reading relevant information.
- The communication with the employee with deafness is mostly about gestures, notes and lip-reading. If required, a sign language interpreter or a sign language interpreter may be appointed to assist in communication (for meetings, etc.
- The employee with short stature is used for activities that she can carry out despite limited gripping space.
- For people with physical disabilities and the associated restrictions on manual load transport, such as: a. Roll container and a loading dock used for transport.
- In addition, the existing skills of different employees are used to perform a task together, eg. For example, the transport of the laundry to the customer is handled by a person with disabilities and one with a learning disability. The employee with physical disability assumes the driving and the colleague with learning disabilities the manual transport of the trolleys.