Areas of Application:
- for faecal incontinence, constipation, overactive bladder and flabby bladder
- reduction of incontinence episodes
- significant regulation of the number of bowel movements
- abstinence from Catheters or Similar Products
- Improved Quality of Life
- Urgency Frequency Syndrome
- Urge Incontinence
- Urinary Behavior (Flabby Bladder)
- MRI Examinations
- Ultrasound Scans
- High Frequency or Microwave Ablation
The InterStim II is a small pacemaker that is permanently attached under the skin. It is used in a minimally invasive and reversible procedure (low morbidity). The device sends weak electrical impulses to the nerves in the back which control the bowel, bladder and rectum. Through the nerves, these muscles are permanently trained and strengthened. This is used to treat complaints such as fecal incontinence, constipation, overactive bladder, or loose bladder.
Sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) is usually used when conservative therapies do not work. After two successful test phases, in which the patient first tests the stimulation for a few days and then for several weeks for effectiveness and tolerability, the device is attached under the skin to the pelvis in a small inpatient operation.
In addition to the constant control of the doctor, the patient can use a remote control to influence the intensity of the electrical impulses.
Features / Components:
- Switching on and off
- Adjusting the pulse strength by radio waves (telemetry)
- Various Programmable programming parameters
- Interstim 2 device
- Remote control
- Battery with an average lifespan of 7 years
- Various devices used in the preliminary test phase
Price (without guarantee):
The price is available on request from the manufacturer / distributor.
Product Information from the Manufacturer / Distributor:
Further Product Details