The FreeStyle Libre 2 glucose monitoring system is designed to measure glucose levels in the interstitial fluid in adults and in children at least 4 years of age with diabetes.
A sensor on the upper arm, about the size of a 2-euro coin, with a probe located just under the skin, permanently measures and stores data. Each scan with the reader over the sensor displays the current glucose value, the glucose history for the last 8 hours, and a trend arrow. The arrow indicates whether the glucose value is increasing, decreasing or hardly changing
Supervision of the use and evaluation of FreeStyle Libre in children from 4 years and adolescents up to 17 years is the responsibility of a person of full age. Use in pregnant women and dialysis patients has not yet been evaluated.
- with reader and sensor
- for measuring glucose levels in the interstitial fluid of the subcutaneous adipose tissue
- power source of the reader is a lithium-ion battery
- battery life of the reader 7 days with typical use
- reader memory 90 days with typical use
- when the memory is full, the oldest measurement results are automatically overwritten with the new data
- automatic switch-off of the reader display after 60 seconds (120 seconds with inserted test strip)
- radio frequency of the reader 13,56 MHz
- data connection via micro USB
- power source of the sensor is a silver oxide battery
- sensor lifetime up to 14 days
- sensor memory: 8 hours (glucose readings are stored every 15 minutes)
- relative humidity for company and storage: 10% to 90%, non-condensing
- sensor water resistance to IP27: protected against submersion in water up to 1 meter (3 feet) below the water surface for max.
- Company and storage altitude from -1,250 feet (-381 meters) to 10,048 feet (3,048 meters).000 f