Areas of Application:
The FreeStyle Libre Flash glucose measuring system is used to measure glucose levels in the interstitial fluid in adults and in children of at least 4 years with diabetes.
A sensor on the upper arm, which is about the size of a 2 euro coin and whose sensor is located close to the skin, continuously measures and stores data. With each scan with the reader via the sensor, the current glucose value, the glucose history of the last 8 hours and a trend arrow are displayed. The arrow indicates whether the glucose value rises, falls or hardly changes
The duty of supervision over the use and evaluation of FreeStyle Libre in children from 4 years and adolescents up to 17 years is the responsibility of an adult. The use in pregnant women and dialysis patients has not yet been assessed.
- with reader and sensor
- for measuring the glucose content in the intercellular fluid of the subcutaneous fat
- power source of the reader is a lithium-ion battery
- battery life of the Reader 7 days with typical use
- reader memory 90 days with typical use
- with full memory, the oldest measurement results are automatically overwritten with the new data
- automatic deactivation of the display of the reader after 60 seconds (120 seconds with inserted test strip)
- radio frequency of the reader 13.56 MHz
- data connection via micro USB
- power source of the sensor is a silver oxide battery
- lifespan of the sensor up to 14 days
- sensor memory: 8 hours (glucose readings are saved every 15 minutes)
- relative humidity for operation and storage: 10% to 90%, non-condensing
- water resistance of the sensor according to IP27: protected against immersion in water up to 1 meter (3 feet) below the water surface for max.
- Operating and storage height from -381 meters (-1,250 feet) to 3,048 meters (10,000 feet)
(retail price including VAT)
Price date: 16.06.2020