The employer is a trucking company.
Disability and functional limitation of the employee:
The man has a disease of the back, on the right a Armbehinderung and a respiratory disease. It should generally not used for activities that require the manual load transport and taking certain postures (stooping or bending). He also should not be used specifically for moving activities that carry out frequent strong shocks and vibrations to an increased load on the spine. The degree of handicap (degree of disability) is 60
Training and job:
The man is a qualified chimney sweep. Because of this he has disabilities to retrain for professional drivers. After almost two years of unemployment, the man was a perpetual readjustment as a driver.
Workplace and duties:
The employer has purchased a long-haul truck. This transports the driver only containers that are using a crane and unloaded. There thus are no manual loading activities. The activity of the employee is limited to driving the tractor-trailer.
The new truck had to be purchased for disability-oriented design with the following special features however:
- An air suspension on the rear axle of the cab and the driver's seat to protect the spine from bumps and vibrations.
- An electrical level control, which leveled out the truck at unevenly loaded containers so that a uniform spring deflection is maintained.
- A motor brake and a special retarder reduce brake applications to an absolute minimum and this reduce the effort very much.
- A Globetrotter cab because the employee stayed with day-long distance rides in the bunk in the cab. To avoid standing ducked when dressing and undressing a cab with a particularly large height was provided.
- due to the respiratory and pulmonary disease a level-four features of the cab with air conditioning, a stand and seat heating, electrically operated exterior mirrors was purchased.
- Tinted windows, prevent an excessive Aufhitzen the cab.
- A central lubrication, which makes manual lubrication of the vehicle superfluous
Assistive devices used:
Motor vehicle seats and cushions as well as accessories and adjustments (driver seat)