- isolated (osteoporotic) thoracic spine fracture without loss of the sagittal profile (fish vertebra/central sintering) with pain symptoms
- osteoporotic kyphosis pain
- isolated stable thoracic spine fracture
- Osteomalacia without thoracic spine deformity
- severe chronic thoracic spine myogeloses
- Scheuermann's disease with deformity
The application and wearing of such aids may be contraindicated in the following clinical pictures:
- Skin diseases/injuries in the supplied part of the body, especially in the case of inflammatory phenomena
- for raised scars with swelling, redness and overheating
- Sensory disorders
- greater restriction of cardiopulmonary performance
- Danger of increased blood pressure with the aid of an attached device and increased physical performance
Under the condition of proper use (correct application) side effects are not known up to now.
Bandages or orthoses that are too tight can in principle lead to local pressure or, in rare cases, constrict blood vessels or nerves: The principle of the bandage (delor dosage by increasing the intra-abdominal pressure) can in principle lead to an increased risk of diseases associated with increased intra-abdominal pressure, such as hypertension, venous reflux disorder, inguinal hernias, reflux complaints, etc.
The orthosis straightens the thoracic spine by means of the support bar incorporated in the back section in conjunction with the inelastic shoulder straps, thereby reducing hyperkyphosis. In addition, a dynamic limitation of movement in the affected area is achieved. In cases of tension after severe hunchback loading and isolated osteoporotic fractures of the thoracic spine, the orthosis offers the option of using an orthosis that is limited to the thoracic spine but can be expanded at any time later.
Features / Components:
- Thoracic spine orthosis corsage with shoulder straps
- bodice side panels right/left
- Stabilizing Metal Bracket
- Fastening element for metal brackets
- 2 paddings for underarms.
- individual regulation of the front tension belt
- with assembly option for the BWS/LWS orthosis
- Oversizes available on request
Price (without guarantee):
The price is available on request from the manufacturer / distributor.
SHI-Medical Technical Aids Register | 23.13.01.1001
Product Information from the Manufacturer / Distributor:
Further Product Details