- Current Page: Product
- Contact Distributor
Information on the Product
Eye prosthesis made of glass
Protection of the orbital cavity
- Prevention of shrinkage tendencies
- assist children in the growth process
- in the growth process in the context of facial symmetry
The artificial eye is used for rehabilitation in case of loss of sight, accident, illness or birth.
The wear of the artificial eye depends on various factors:
- Environmental impact
- Texture of the orbital cavity
- Strength of secretion
- defective eyelid closure etc.
- natural wear and tear by the action of the decomposing tear fluid
- Tragedauer average:1-2 years (resistant material)
- in case of increased environmental impacts the tragedal can be reduced
The question of whether the artificial eye can be worn day and night, should be decided on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the ocularist.
Features / Components:
- hard and smooth surface, since fire polished
- good wettability of glass
- Tear film does not rupture, no drying of the prosthesis surface
- good biological compatibility, because of inorganic material
- Patient receives his prosthesis immediately on a one-time visit
- natural reproduction
- unobtrusive wearing
- Easy to fit and therefore personal safety
- Individual production, individually created and adapted
- of cryolite glass (free of any lead content)
- due to the resistant surface optimal mucosal tolerance
- Eyes made of glass are made hollow or as a thin shell prosthesis
- Type of prosthesis is determined by the ocularist according to the condition of the eye socket
- Repair of a damaged prosthesis is not possible
- should break the eye, pick up fragments for new manufacture
- optimal adjustment of the prosthesis only possible with personal appearance
A worn-out artificial eye causes discomfort in the eye socket. The rough surface of the prosthesis can strongly irritate the eye socket. The first sign of a necessary renewal of the prosthesis is an increased flow of tears. The eye-hole is reddened, and in the course of it may become thicker, yellowish secretion. At this stage, there must already be ophthalmological assistance in order to prevent the inflammation from spreading to the entire eye-cavity. Regular inspection of your eyeballs by your ophthalmologist and the possible annual renewal of the eye prosthesis by the expert eyewitness ensures an easy wearing of the artificial eye.
Outside Europe different countries are supplied with collection eyelets (eye prostheses in different colors, sizes and anatomical forms). Furthermore, custom-made products are also available for the clinic's needs (for example, oval scales, hole prostheses).
The cost of a prosthesis manufacturing is billed directly to the cost of the patient (usually the statutory health insurance). An own part does not arise. Since the epithesis is an aid, the costs for necessary corrections / repairs are also taken over by the statutory cost bearers.
Price (no guarantee):
The price is available on request via the manufacturer / distributor .
Product information of Manufacturer/Distributor:
REHADAT doesn't sell any products!
Please contact the manufacturer or the distributor.
Links to further databases
Links to other Databases
Further Information and Keywords
- eye prosthesis /
- non-limb prosthesis /
- eye epiprosthesis /
- prosthesis /
- epithesis /
- eye /
- glass eye /
- paediatry /
- artificial eye /
- ISO 06 30 /
- ISO 06 30 21
update status: 08.12.2016
The translation of the content is performed by the external website Google™ Translate. The service provides automated computer translations. REHADAT assumes no reponsibility or liability for the complete accuracy of the content.