Ortheses are externally applied medical aids which stabilize, relieve, immobilize, guide and correct the limbs or the trunk.
Prostheses are medical aids which replace in part or completely, a missing or damaged body part, organ or organ part.
- Promote healing by relieving a body part
- Provide relief by chronic disease or incurable damage
- Replace in part failed functions or prevent deformities
- Replace missing body parts such as limbs, ears or noses
- Restore visual appearance
- Create a functional balance
- Contribute to independent living