The company is a supplier with 81 staff.
Disability and functional limitation of the employee:
The man has a foot and mobility problems in the left leg and foot. The walking function is disability-related restricted. He therefore used for greater walking distances as a crutch walker. When performing a task long periods of standing and the manual transport of loads should be avoided.
The employee has no professional training. He works as a machine operator and production assistant for his employer.
Workplace and duties (actual status):
The machine operator working on a guillotine shears in the production area. Among its activities are:
- Pallets with metal plates and empty pallets to transport,
- Push the metal sheets from the stack on the tray table of scissors,
- Metal plates under the shear blade position and cause shearing process,
Pull out the sheet metal blanks from the scissors and -
- Lateral pull scrap pan from the scissors.
The performance of the activity is predominantly in a standing posture. In addition, the existing physical work demands in the transport of pallets and during the removal of the metal sheets from the stack and drop must be significantly reduced to the ball table on the shear.
Workplace and duties (desired status):
The employee must alternately be able to work standing or sitting and the burden of lifting and carrying must be reduced. The following measures are required:
- Use an electric pedestrian pallet truck, which is available to the employee only.
- Installation of additional balls into the work table of the shears. The distances of the existing balls are too big, so the rest being cut metal sheets also between the balls on the worktable, which the manual transport difficult. By installing additional balls of the distance between the spheres can be reduced to the extent that the rest to moving metal sheets exclusively on the balls and can be transported much easier.
- Conversion of the range car (roller carriage for the removal of the cut sheets) and
- Use of a standing aid or a standing seat.
Assistive devices used:
stools and standing chairs
hand-guided trucks (fork lift trucks)