Note: This text was translated by machine. Grammatical/Linguistic errors can occur.
Links within this text are no longer available.
Deutsche Post DHL Group is a global logistics and mail communication company with around 570,000 employees in over 220 countries.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group includes Deutsche Post - as a pan-European postal service company and DHL - as a global company in the areas of international express shipping, freight transport, e-commerce and supply chain management.
The company provides, among other things, With responsible action, targeted environmental protection measures and corporate citizenship, we make a positive contribution to the environment and society.
Disability and functional limitation:
The man has limb deformity (dysmelia) of the arms and legs. This leads to restrictions in his area of reach and reduction in his body strength. He can only walk short distances and is therefore dependent on the use of an electric wheelchair.
Training and job:
He completed training as an office clerk in a rehabilitation centre. He has worked for many years as a clerk with Deutsche Post or its legal predecessor and for some time in the Direct Marketing Centre in Kassel.
Workplace and duties:
He works at a computer workstation in an office (Picture 1). Part of his duties are the planning of seminars in the Direct Marketing Centre for small medium enterprises and personnel management (holiday plans and reporting inability to work).
To compensate for the restrictions due to the disability, the workplace is equipped with:
- an individual custom-made electrical height-adjustable operating and adjustable work table (drawers and height-adjustment of the work surface for undercutting with the wheelchair), work substructures, on the right a drawer who can automatically move in and out, on the left a storage of equipment with a bracket handle, smoothly pulling out,
- a footrest surfaced with a rubber mat,
- an electrical back and front driving, manual height-adjustable telephone swivel arm and manual rotatable (for an optimal und ergonomic positioning of the telephone during telephoning),
- electronic tools for punching and stapling documents for storage and folders (with a using with minimal power and handling effort),
- gripping pliers for increasing the stretching distance, for example for picking up objects from the floor,
- an electric wheelchair for the office with an electric height adjustable seat as a replacement for an office chair (for improving mobility and to reach high switches or objects) and
- a small field keyboard (Picture 2) with integrated hulapoint (for operating the mouse) designed for people with a small area of reach.
Numerous aids and operating elements (e.g. the switch for adjusting the height of the desk) are within his restricted area of reach and can be reached and used without much physical stress or difficult postures.
The work volume was reduced because of his disability. The work volume is half the normal work volume for the time available.
Work environment - mobility:
The workplace is on one level and can be reached, barrier-free, from the disabled parking space which is located close to the entrance. The door to the building of the direct marketing center is equipped with an electronic door opener and closer. He has a valid driver's license and currently does not own an adapted car. He therefore comes to work with an acquaintance by means of a car-share arrangement.
Assistive devices used:
electrically powered wheelchairs with powered steering
leg supports and foot supports
gate, door, window and curtain openers/closers
input devices for computers (keyboards with small field and hulapoint and so on)
assistive products for extended reach
fixed-position systems (telephone swivelling arms)
workplace furniture and furnishing elements
assistive products for office administration, information storage and management at work