The employer is an international supplier company with 1,200 employees at the site.
Disability and functional limitation of the adolescent:
The adolescent contracted muscular dystrophy at the age of 10. She is dependent on the use of a wheelchair. Due to her disability, her mobility, her grasping range, her fine motor skills in the area of the upper body and her ability to apply strength are limited. Her degree of disability (GdB
) is 90. Her severely disabled person's certificate contains the marks G and aG.
Even as a girl, she was enthusiastic about drawing and design. As she also had no lack of technical understanding and spatial imaginative power, she decided to complete vocational training as a technical draughtswoman. Despite her handicap, she had the goal to find an apprenticeship in her desired profession on the first job market. She therefore applied to appropriate training companies in the region and received a training contract from the employer after the interview.
The practical training content is taught by the employer in the training workshop and in the design area or drawing office. However, certain contents of the practical training, e.g. the basic metalworking course, must be completed on a modular basis and externally at an inter-company training centre. The theoretical training content is taught at the vocational school as part of the dual vocational training.
In order to enable the young person to complete her vocational training as a technical draughtswoman, disability-related modifications and adaptations had to be made at her employer's premises, at the inter-company training centre and at the vocational school.
In the area of the training workshop,
- an inclined stair lift or stair lift with wheelchair platform to reach the upper floors,
- a wheelchair-accessible sanitary room (toilet, grab rails for transfer, washbasin, etc.
- electric door openers
In the construction area and drawing office,
- a vertical lift over 4 floors to reach the workplace,
- ramps to overcome small steps,
- a wheelchair-accessible sanitary room (toilet, handholds for moving, washbasin, etc.
- an electrically height-adjustable desk that can be moved underneath and
- electric door openers
were installed or provided.
- a height-adjustable vice with power-operated clamping function and
- a CNC
were installed or provided at the inter-company training centre.
In the vocational school,
- a stair caterpillar for self-propelled users (enables the user to climb stairs without an assistant) and
- a handrim wheelchair (can be hooked into the stair caterpillar)
An additional power wheelchair with an upright function can be used to compensate for the disability-related physical limitations, in terms of mobility, gripping space and physical strength, in the respective training areas.
For the way to work the trainee still needs help or a driving service. To change this condition, she is currently attending a driving school.
With a converted vehicle, she will then be able to reach her workplace independently and without assistance.