Various factors can be signs that employees have a physical or mental limitation and that work must be designed accordingly:
- more frequent absenteeism
- decreasing productivity or motivation
- indications in the employee interview
- Findings in the context of risk assessment
- Findings within the framework of company integration management
- Accident or illness diagnosis
- Findings in the context of a rehabilitation measure
Employees may not themselves be aware of their health impairment or may keep quiet about their problem for fear of negative consequences. If the direct manager is attentive and caring and observes reduced performance or unusual behavior, he or she can take action - by seeking discussion and signaling for help. The goal is to prevent a deterioration in health and ultimately higher follow-up costs.
Depending on the size and type of the company, other company agents may also be able to recognize whether support is indicated. These may be - representatives of the severely disabled, the staff or works council, the employer's inclusion officer, safety officers, the company medical service or disability management.
A trusting, open working atmosphere is important. In this way, problems can be brought up and helpful steps can be initiated.