An application for an assistive product or a technical work aid is always made in writing. The applications are available from the service providers (rehabilitation provider or integration office).
It is important
- to submit the application before the acquisition or the start of a barrier-free construction measure , and
- wait forthe approval.
Different underlays are required depending on the funding agency.
As a rule, the application includes
- a medical prescription with a detailed and comprehensible justification,
- possibly an expert opinion or discharge report from the rehabilitation clinic and
- at least one cost estimate.
If the application is for workplace equipment, further proof/copies must usually be submitted, such as for example
- Determination of the degree of disability
- Disability certificate
- Employment contract and job description
It should be noted that assistive products are not included in the medical budget. The person making the application should point this out if doctors refuse to prescribe aids due to a limited quota of prescriptions.
The cost estimate can be obtained from a service provider (e.g. medical supply store) or a company that manufactures or sells occupationally relevant assistive products or technical work aids.